If you are a member of an Asian Dating Site, there is a real possibility that you will run into Asian Prostitutes that are posing as website members. Most sites and services focused on Asia have methods of reporting such activity.
Basically, there are some things that you have to be aware of. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that many people use dating sites to try to perpetuate scams of some sort.
Some scams try to get money from you where others might try to trick you into a relationship under false pretenses. The sad truth of the matter is that there are some prostitution scams that try to use online dating to feed their gimmick. This is becoming more and more common on Asian dating sites where some people go looking for a fetish.
But how frustrating is it to the person who is seeking a genuine long-lasting relationship only to discover the person they have been talking to for a very long time now is actually a prostitute just trying to score a date?
- In The Philippines, there have been reports of a sharp rise in internet dating scams affecting citizens from the United States, Canada and Europe. Between 2009 and 2010 such scams increased by 30%. A private investigator notes, “Many Filipinas are honest, beautiful women simply looking for a better life, an opportunity to escape the poverty. Others are honestly looking for true love. Other Filipinas, and increasingly so, are looking to cash in on the profitable industry of relationship and dating scams.
- Scams are also on the rise in China, with internet dating scams increasingly seen as lucrative money for the fraudsters. Many of the scammers aren’t Chinese at all, but are actually African or middle eastern men. There are no safety nets in China. Those who don’t have money do not eat, which means they may be more likely to resort to less than ethical tricks to obtain it. Prostitution is rife in the nation and many sex workers advertise their services on sites like DateInAsia.
Clues to look for
Some of the biggest clues to look for that will help you determine whether or not the site is legitimate include:
- Receiving lots of pictures of women that look like models. The odds are these are random fake photos of beautiful women, and you two different women might even send you the same photograph.
- The woman claims to be a famous actress or other celebrity. If she really is, do you think she needs to find a date online?
- If the woman asks you to send her money so that she can buy or rent a webcam.
- Another popular scam is the travel scam. For example, she might tell you she is a nurse who is trying to get to the United States to work in a hospital. She might even send you official looking documents including her (forged) nurse’s certificate. Then she’ll tell you she is stuck somewhere along the way and ask you for money to get her there. Don’t believe it.
- Be wary of any of the following: if the prospective partner claims love too soon, if he/she requests money early on or often, if there are claims of financial trouble or other emergencies or if he/she claims a need for assistance with a visa, passport or flight.
Finding a legitimate Asian dating site
There are many dating sites that cater specifically to Asian dating, but you’ll want to avoid unprofessional looking sites as well as sites that look like they were just put up recently. Some sites unfortunately will be made for the sole purpose of stealing your personal information which can be just as bad as running into an Asian prostitute looking only for money.
There are many reputable sites, and while you don’t want to pay an exorbitant amount, it’s worth it to shell out a little money if you’re truly looking for a quality relationship. Remember that free sites will automatically attract a larger number of people who may not have legitimate interests in mind, and they always attract more scammers.
Important steps to determine if the site is legit
- Does the site have a postal address and a phone number clearly listed? If an email address is the only form of contact, it may be a sign that it is not a legitimate business.
- Make sure the domain name registration is visible. Use a reverse DNS lookup site, such as DNStools.com to check the WHOIS entry for the website name. If the entry is disguised and the postal address does not match the one shown on the site, you should probably avoid it.
- Search for reviews for the site written by previous customers. If you can’t find any it may be because the site is too small, or there are not any unhappy users. People tend to write bad reviews and will not write reviews when they are satisfied as often.
- If the site accepts credit cards it is a good sign. If they only take PayPal or Western Union payments, you should proceed with caution.
- Sign if for a short trial first if possible. Check to see if the photos and members appear genuine.
Asian dating tips
If you’ve found a legitimate site and are ready to find an Asian date, there are a few important tips you should be aware of if you want to meet and potentially develop a successful long term relationship with your ideal woman.
- Take cues from your date and keep in mind that most Asian women are far more conservative than their American counterparts. Always be respectful and remember that in the Chinese culture talking about sex is considered very rude and vulgar. Sex education in China is virtually unheard of and many members of both sexes have difficulties broaching the subject. If you are too forward or even include sexual innuendos in your email conversations, you may lose out on the chance to date her.
- On a first date, you’ll want to avoid the temptation to touch. Even hand holding is considered taboo for many Asian women. Take the time and effort needed a build a solid relationship before going in for that first kiss, the odds are it will be worth it in the long run.
- Do be romantic. Stand out from the rest by showing that you care through listening and attentiveness. If she tells you that lilies are her favorite flower, bring her a bouquet on your first date instead of the usual dozen roses.
- Don’t invite her out for a drink. Many Asian women don’t drink alcohol and could find it offensive. Instead, offer to go to lunch or dinner.
- Present a very clean and neat appearance. Hygiene is everything, and if possible, be clean shaven. Clean, trimmed fingernails are a must and remember that it is better to be a little overdressed than underdressed.
- Use your words carefully, in some Asian cultures saying “I love you” is tantamount to a marriage proposal. Just saying “I miss you,” is taken as a sign of a serious relationship.
- Take the time to get to know her, show genuine interest in her culture and beliefs and the odds are, you’ll find that true love you’re seeking.